The textbook used for OIS 133 is from the McGraw Hill Publishing company. OIS 133 uses Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2013 Complete: In Practice, 1st Edition. It is by Randy Nordell, Pat R. Graves.
You must have:
1) SIMNet license\software to this book,
2) the appropriate Microsoft Office Application (PowerPoint 2013 or Microsoft Office 365 for this course) to complete this course.
3) The book is optional however, McGraw Hill is not allowed to sell the MS office applications unless it is bundled with a textbook.
1) you already own the appropriate Microsoft Office Application for this course (PowerPoint 2013)
2) and don’t want the textbook
you may wish to purchase SIMnet license\software only for this course (available from the bookstore).
In addition to the textbook the following software is required for this course:
1) SIMNet software. The license is good for the lifetime of Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2013 Complete: In Practice using SIMNet.
2) The appropriate Microsoft (MS) office application for this course:
McGraw Hill can bundle Microsoft Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access) with textbooks. The license on the software is only good for 180 days.
McGraw Hill is not allowed to sell the MS office applications unless it is bundled with a textbook.
Bundling of the software (SIMNet and MS Office 365) with the textbook provides a more favorable price than purchasing them separately and the bundled package has a different ISBN than the textbook alone. When available fall 2014 the cost of the bundle of the textbook, SIMNet access license & 180 use of Microsoft Office 365 will not be much more than the cost of the textbook alone for this course (or very nearly the same as).
Consequently, we suggest that you order the material from the LMC Bookstore.