"The Humanities courses are here to challenge students' thoughts and to open their eyes to new cultures and experiences," states Lake Michigan College program coordinator and instructor Dr. K. Sundaram.
The Humanities courses offered at Lake Michigan College will teach you:
- the ability to write clearly
- to express ideas and thoughts logically
- general awareness of different cultures
- to open your mind to new ideas and concepts
- critical thinking skills
- analytical skills
- clear verbal and written communication
Programs in the Humanities refer to interdisciplinary study including, but not limited to: modern and classical languages, linguistics, literature, history, jurisprudence, philosophy, archaeology, comparative religion, ethics, history/criticism/theory of the arts, and aspects of the sciences which have humanistic methods.