The following information is required by the Student Right-to-Know Act:
Lake Michigan College STUDENT SUCCESS REPORT
Cohort Fall 2008 Academic Year
Lake Michigan College Student Success Report
Student Cohort: Fall 2008
COLLEGE CERTIFICATE/DEGREE PROGRAMS
Total Students in Cohort: 461
As of the end of 2010-2011 Academic Year
- Completed within 150% - 69
- Non-completers (still attending and not enrolled) - 371
- Graduated within four years (based on fall 2007 Cohort) - 73
- Graduation Rate within 150% - 15.0%
- Graduation Rate of those who graduated within four years - 17.1%
The Student Cohort contains all students who meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Enrolled for the first time (at any college full-time) in the indicated cohort semester OR in the preceding Summer semester and then continued in the Fall cohort semester, either full or part-time.
- Are enrolled in majors that have a certificate or degree awarded at the completion of a defined number of credit hours.
- Indicated they are seeking a certificate or degree.
Completed within 150% are those students who received their degree/certificate within 150% of normal program time.
Still Attending includes all students who are enrolled for at least one credit hour in year preceding the reporting semester/term indicated.
Not Currently Enrolled includes all students who were not enrolled for the year preceding the semester/term indicated and are not counted in any other category.
Transferred Students are those the institution knows has changed their enrollment to another institution.
Graduation, Transferred Rate = (Graduated + Transferred) / Initial Cohort. For this rate, graduated students are counted up to the end of 150% of the time period for the award they are seeking.
150% Time Period is set by the Federal government at:
- Three (3) semesters for one-year certificate programs, and
- Six (6) semesters for two-year certificate programs.
Note: This counts two (2) semesters per year as a normal load.
Unduplicated Count. This report presents an unduplicated count by category of students in the cohort. If a student can be counted in more than one category, they are reported ONLY in the lowest numbered (i.e., graduated takes priority over transferred) category listed.