March 27, 2014
Tours and information workshops scheduled for April 26
BENTON TOWNSHIP, MI – As construction moves ahead on Lake Michigan College’s first-ever residence hall, the College is hosting an open house on the Napier Avenue Campus to introduce prospective students and parents to the benefits of living at Lake Michigan College.
The event, to be held Saturday, April 26, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., is free and open to anyone who wants more information about attending LMC.
“Excitement builds every day as we enter the final phases of construction on Beckwith Hall. We are putting plans in place for welcoming a new level of student engagement on campus and want to share that information with students and parents,” stated LMC Director of Admissions Doug Schaffer. “The open house is a chance for them to see how campus living adds a completely new dimension to a Lake Michigan College education.”
A feature of the open house will be the model residence hall suite. Attendees can experience first-hand how the units will look and feel. Amenities include a full kitchen, washer and dryer, free wi-fi, a 42” flat panel television, furniture, free utilities, and access control into the suites and individual bedrooms.
Other activities during the open house will include:
- Information sessions about how to apply to be among the first to live in the residence hall
- Tours of the model residence hall suite
- Tours of the Napier Avenue Campus including the recently renovated science labs and health care career training facilities
- Financial aid workshops at 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- Opportunity to talk with advisors and faculty about the 100+ program, certificate, and degree options available to students
- Student life information and tours of the new Hawk’s Nest student activity center
- Answers to questions and assistance with the application and registration process
Schaffer added that those wanting more information about attending LMC, but who many not be interested in on-campus living, should plan to attend the open house also.
“The event will present a complete view of the academic and student life opportunities available to all students at Lake Michigan College,” he stated.
Those planning to attend the open house can pre-register at www.lakemichigancollege.edu/openhouse. For more information call (269) 927-8626 or email at email@example.com.