The archives of Lake Michigan College consist of the publications of the College, including catalogs, handbooks, reports, yearbooks, videos, photographs, brochures, student publications, accreditation materials, advertising, news articles, and minutes of meetings of the Board of Trustees and other committees. The purpose of the archives collection is to collect information that documents the growth and development of the College since its 1946 founding. The archives will also house the rare book collection containing primarily out-of-print titles about local history.
Currently the focus of archives is to collect College related materials in digital format if available. The library reserves the right to determine usefulness of donated materials.
- College staff should note that minutes from academic committees since Fall 2012 to present can be found on SharePoint.
- Board of Trustee Reports are available digitally back to 2008 on the LMC web page.
- Newspaper articles about Lake Michigan College can be located on the subscription database, Herald-Palladium (NewsBank). Holdings go back to May, 1999.
Examples of items in the College Archives collection are:
Archive Contents Overview
- Annual Reports
- Blossom Review
- Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes: 1963-Present
- Budget Proposals
- Commencement Programs
- Handbooks-faculty, staff, student
- Memos: 1970-Present
- Newsletters & Newspapers
- Newspaper articles (local)
- The Phoenix
- Press Releases
- Scrapbooks: 1948-1982
- Self-Study Reports
- Semester Schedules
- Site Construction
- Student Senate Minutes: 1968-1976
- Yearbooks: 1948-1978
- Circle "K" Banner
- Ground-breaking shovels & ribbons
- Local History Books
- Misc. promotional items (i.e. diploma covers, mugs, pins, etc.)
- NCA Reports
- Vintage/Antique woodworking tools
- 1973 Teacher's Strike
- Framed Photos
- Miscellaneous Slides & Photos
- Photo Albums
- Photo Negatives
- Shoreline Erosion: 1973-1977
- 5" Reel 5/25/70 Board Mtg.