RaveAlert is an automated system that Lake Michigan College uses to inform students of important campus information such as weather-related campus closings and campus emergencies. The message can be delivered as a voice message to a landline telephone or cell phone, as a text message to a cell phone, and/or as an email message.
You will automatically be registered for the service at the time of class registration based on telephone and email information you provide to the College.
Updating your RaveAlert Contact Information
Your RaveAlert contact information is maintained within your student profile settings in WaveLink.
- Go to WaveLink and login with your login name (ex. jsmith543).
- Click on the View/Update Address(es) and Phone(s) link under the Personal Information box.
- Read all instructions at the top of this page to understand the process of changing your contact information.
- To change your land line number for your current address, change the "Primary Phone Number for this Address" number (269 for the area code and 5551234 for the phone number).
You can also use the drop downs below and specify other types of phone numbers and enter in the appropriate information.
- Once you are done making updates, make sure the "Valid From This Date" option is a valid day on or before today's date and click submit.
- Changes will become effective immediately.
To opt out from receiving alerts, please send an email using your LMC provided student email account to RaveAlertOptOut@lakemichigancollege.edu. Include your first and last name and student ID in the body of the email. The opt-out process must be repeated for each term you desire to be excluded from receiving alerts.
Notice: General fees from your cell phone carrier may apply when using this service. Lake Michigan College is not responsible for any fees that may be charged by your cell phone carrier for voice and text messages sent to your cell phone. This includes overages on your monthly minutes and/or fees your carrier may charge for text messaging.
If circumstances warrant it, special timely crime alerts are prepared and distributed through the RaveAlert reporting service. These alerts advise the College community of the situation, steps to take to avoid being victimized, and the number to call for more information.