Lake Michigan College’s Certified Nurse Aide Program Description:
Acquire the knowledge, skills and confidence to assist patients with health and daily living activities in healthcare facilities under the direction of a registered nurse. The Certified Nursing Aide program is a 98-hour program with a state approved curriculum which qualifies you to take the Michigan CNA Exam (exam not included). There is a maximum of 8 students per class. On-time, daily attendance is mandatory for the entire program. In order to be eligible to register for this class, students must complete the following prerequisites:
- Successful completion of the Short Term Training Preparation Course
- Provide documentation of a clear criminal background check
- Provide proof of immunizations (Form provided)
Books, scrub top, and name badge are included in the fee for the class.
Please refer to the Short Term Training schedule for class times, dates, and locations.
Step-by-Step Instructions to Register for CNA
- Register for the Short Term Training Preparation Course. Register online.
- Complete the Preparation Course.
- Schedule a visit to have your medical form completed. Read more information on the Hepatitis B vaccination and the Seasonal Flu vaccination.
- Provide documentation of a clear criminal background check. Have the information emailed to Jackie Volker (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Provide the above documentation, registration form for the C N A class you wish to register for and pay the fee ($795). Call Debbie Gillespie at (269) 926-4293 or Jackie Volker at (269) 926-6832.
- Financial Aid is not available for this program. However, private loans are available.
Items you will need for the C N A class:
Items you will need for clinical (will be discussed in class):
- Watch with Second Hand (for clinical)
- White shoes
- White scrub pants
- White undergarments