The Upward Bound program, funded by the U.S. Department of Education, assists low-income, first-generation college-bound students enrolled in Benton Harbor High School with the skills and motivation necessary to complete high school, enroll in, and graduate from a post-secondary institution with a bachelor's degree.
The program provides:
- nine months of educational and social/cultural activities
- counseling (academic and personal)
- a six-week summer academic institute
- college and university campus visits
- job shadowing/career work study opportunities
The program has two components: (1) Academic Year and (2) Summer Academic Institute. Program participants are required to attend both components each year, until graduation from high school.
Contact the Upward Bound office, located in Room C211, for more information, or call (269) 927-8774.
Motto: We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.