Western Michigan University is a public, national university committed to excellence in graduate and undergraduate education. Founded in 1903, it is classified as “Doctoral/ Research Universities-Extensive” by the Carnegie Commission on Higher Education. In its annual ranking of the nation's 4,000 colleges and universities, U.S. News & World Report consistently lists WMU as one of the nation's top 100 public universities.
WMU-Southwest boasts many of main campus's prestigious programs. The Haworth College of Business is among an elite 5 percent of international business schools that are accredited at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Also, a national publication that serves all branches of the armed forces had identified Western Michigan University as Michigan's top-ranked school for outreach and services to veterans.
Western Michigan University and Lake Michigan College have formed a partnership allowing LMC students to make a seamless transition into junior and senior level courses at WMU–Southwest, located at LMC’s Napier Avenue Campus.
The following degree programs are available online and at WMU-Southwest:
- Addiction Studies (Minor) Online
- Business Administration (BBA)
- Elementary Education (BS)
- Family Studies/Child and Family Development (BS) Online hybrid*
- General University Studies (BA/BS) Online hybrid*
- Manufacturing Engineering (BSE)
- Nursing: RN - BSN (BSN) Online hybrid*
- 18-hour Professional Teacher Certificate (CERT)
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse (CERT) Online
- Career and Technical Education Online hybrid*
- Post-Baccalaureate Teaching Certification
- Troops to Teachers Post-Baccalaureate Teaching Certification
- Educational Technology (CERT) Online
- Holistic Health Care (CERT) Online
- Career and Technical Education (MA) Online hybrid*
- Educational Leadership (MA)
- Educational Technology (MA) Online
- Practice of Teaching (MA)
- Social Work (MSW)
For more information, call (269) 934-1500 or visit www.wmich.edu/southwest
* Some face-to-face courses required.