Did you recently graduate from high school? Does your family make less than $75,000 per year? You may be eligible for FREE TUITION at Lake Michigan College. If you qualify to receive grants or scholarship money, LMC Promise is a new program that pays your remaining tuition costs.
Steps to join
- Not a current LMC student? Submit LMC admission application
- Submit FAFSA
- Finish LMC enrollment process
- Check status and messages in student portal
Who is eligible?
With the LMC Promise, tuition (up to 80 credit hours or 6 years) will be FREE for new and returning students who meet the following criteria:
- You submit an LMC admissions application
- You are age 24 or younger
- Must be a U.S. citizen, eligible non-citizen, or documented DACA recipient
- You live in LMC’s district - see list of zip codes in FAQ
- You‘ve earned your high school diploma from an in-district high school, are an in-district home school graduate, or an in-district resident with a GED/high school equivalency - see FAQ for a list of high schools in LMC's district
- You have a valid Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file at LMC
- You do not have an associate or bachelor’s degree
- Your family’s Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) is $75,000 or less
- You enroll at least half-time (6 credits) during fall and spring semesters (no minimum for summer)
If you have previously attended LMC, you must:
- Meet all the above requirements AND
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements (including a GPA or 2.0 or higher)
- Current students do not need to resubmit an admissions application
Become a Student
Become a LMC student to find out if you are eligible for the LMC Promise.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 269-927-8626.
Are you 25 or older?
You may be eligible for free tuition from LMC through the Reconnect Program.
February 15, 2022
Lake Michigan College announced on Tuesday, Feb.