Did you recently graduate from high school? Does your family make less than $75,000 per year? You may be eligible for FREE TUITION at Lake Michigan College. If you qualify to receive grants or scholarship money, LMC Promise is a new program that pays your remaining tuition costs.
Learn about the program and ask questions Wednesday, June 8 from 6-7 p.m.
Steps to join
- Not a current LMC student? Submit LMC admission application
- Submit FAFSA
- Finish LMC enrollment process
- Check status and messages in student portal
Who is eligible?
With the LMC Promise, tuition (up to 80 credit hours or 6 years) will be FREE for new and returning students who meet the following criteria:
- You submit an LMC admissions application
- You are age 24 or younger
- Must be a U.S. citizen, eligible non-citizen, or documented DACA recipient
- You live in LMC’s district - see list of zip codes in FAQ
- You‘ve earned your high school diploma from an in-district high school, are an in-district home school graduate, or an in-district resident with a GED/high school equivalency - see FAQ for a list of high schools in LMC's district
- You have a valid Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file at LMC
- You do not have an associate or bachelor’s degree
- Your family’s Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) is $75,000 or less
- You enroll at least half-time (6 credits) during fall and spring semesters (no minimum for summer)
If you have previously attended LMC, you must:
- Meet all the above requirements AND
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements (including a GPA or 2.0 or higher)
- Current students do not need to resubmit an admissions application
Become a Student
Become a LMC student to find out if you are eligible for the LMC Promise.
Are you 25 or older?
You may be eligible for free tuition from LMC through the Reconnect Program.