Proud to serve those who have served.
Lake Michigan College is recognized as a gold-level institution by the Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency. Gold-level colleges provide the highest number of veteran-friendly services.
Below are a variety of resources specifically for veterans.
- VA Benefit Processing - All potential recipients of Department of Veterans’ Affairs educational benefits, whether full-time or part-time, must apply formally for admission to Lake Michigan College. Interested individuals must meet with the Certifying Official, with their discharge documents, to apply for VA education benefits.
- Priority Class Registration - Veterans are able to register the Friday before the published first day of registration each semester.
- Liberty Hall - Liberty Hall is a resource room and study space located in room D-120 on the Napier Avenue Campus dedicated to students currently serving in the armed forces and student veterans of the armed forces. The room has computers, a printer, TV, couch, microwave, and refrigerator. Contact Veterans’ Affairs at (269) 927-6181 for information about access to Liberty Hall.
- Veteran’s Education Assistance Fund - Provides assistance to LMC student veteran’s in need.
- LMC celebrates our Veterans! We provide special recognition at graduation and observe Veteran's Day.
- The Mendel Center offers veterans and those in active military a $6 per-ticket discount to Mainstage performances, provides sponsor support to the annual Lest We Forget Veterans' Day concert, and is co-presenting with Lest We Forget the production, Letters Home, at 4 p.m. on Sunday, May 22, 2017. A portion of ticket proceeds will support future programming for Lest We Forget.