The program provides:
- nine months of educational and social/cultural activities
- counseling (academic and personal)
- a six-week summer academic institute
- college and university campus visits
The program has two components: (1) Academic Year and (2) Summer Academic Institute. Program participants are required to attend both components each year, until graduation from high school.
Contact the Upward Bound office, located in Room C211, for more information, or call (269) 927-8774.
To be eligible for the LMC Upward Bound Program, applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- be a ninth or tenth grader attending Benton Harbor Area Schools district;
- meet the income eligibility criteria as established by the U.S. Department of Education and/or come from a family in which neither parent (living in the home) has a bachelor's degree and/or have an academic need as defined by the U.S. Department of Education; and
- have a recommendation from his/her school's academic counselor.
Upward Bound Application for Admission
Upward Bound Emergency Medical Consent/Contact Form