Flex Pay is a low-cost way to spread your tuition and fee payments out over time.
- Payments are automatically deducted from your checking account or your MasterCard, Discover Card or American Express.
- Flex Pay is not a loan program so you won’t have interest or finance charges, and there is no credit check.
- There is a $25-per-semester, non-refundable enrollment fee.
- A small convenience fee is charged for credit card payments.
- Payments are processed on the 5th of each month and continue until the balance is paid in full.
- There is a $25 fee if a payment is returned for insufficient funds.
- You must sign up each semester that you want to use the program.
Flex Pay Options
There are two Flex Pay options. Your financial aid status at the time you register for classes determines which Flex Pay program you will be placed into.
1. Flex Pay for those without financial aid.
If you do not pay in full at the time you register for classes, and you do not receive financial aid including scholarships, grants and loans, you will be placed into the traditional Flex Pay plan. The amount of the down payment you must make will be determined by the date you enroll in the program. The earlier you enroll, the smaller the down payment is. Flex Pay enrollment deadlines are listed in the chart on this page.
2. Flex Pay – Pending Aid for those receiving financial aid or are a Chapter 33 veteran.
Flex Pay – Pending Aid is similar to the traditional Flex Pay Program. One difference is that your payment plan will only be activated if a tuition and fee balance remains after all of your financial aid is applied. Another difference is how the monthly payment plan is structured. Only if Flex Pay - Pending Aid is activated due to an outstanding balance will Flex Pay fees be charged.
To be enrolled in Flex Pay – Pending Aid, you must:
- Complete the FAFSA, or be a Chapter 33 veteran
- Receive an estimated financial aid award package from LMC before you register for classes, and
- Have a checking account or credit card. (Visa not accepted) Note: It can take 3 – 4 weeks after you submit the FAFSA until the time you receive your estimated financial aid award package. If you anticipate receiving financial aid, and want to utilize Flex Pay – Pending Aid, you will need to wait until your estimated financial aid award package is complete to register for classes.
Note: It can take 3 – 4 weeks after you submit the FAFSA until the time you receive your estimated financial aid award package. If you anticipate receiving financial aid, and want to utilize Flex Pay – Pending Aid, you will need to wait until your estimated financial aid award package is complete to register for classes.
How to Enroll in Flex Pay
If you wish to use Flex Pay, you must re-enroll each semester at the time of registration through e-Cashier.
Please have the following information available:
1. LMC student ID number
2. Name, address and email of person responsible for making payments
3. Account information for the person responsible for payment.
- By automatic withdrawal from your checking account - have the bank name, telephone number, account number and bank routing number available.
- By credit card - have the credit card number and expiration date available.
NOTE: Students who have previously defaulted on the Flex Pay/FACTS/ e-Cashier program are not eligible to participate.