Scholarships are designed to:
- Recognize talent, leadership, and academic excellence
- Provide financial assistance
- Encourage you to start or continue a college education, receive training to become employable, or advance within a particular career
What are scholarships?
Scholarships are gift funds based on high academic achievement, special talent, a particular major, or financial need. You do not have to repay scholarships.
Who is eligible?
To receive a scholarship at LMC, you must:
1. Be accepted for admission into a program leading to a degree or certificate.
To be accepted to LMC, you must:
- Complete an Application for Admission.
- Have your final high school transcripts or GED results submitted to LMC.
2. Be enrolled at least half time--six credit hours (for most scholarships).
3. Meet the other qualifications of the specific scholarships.
What do scholarships pay for?
You may use your scholarship to pay for tuition and fees only (not books), unless otherwise specified.
When should I apply?
Priority consideration for 2015 High School Graduates for all LMC scholarships will begin December 2014. Returning students should have scholarship applications submitted by May 1 for priority awarding. Scholarship awarding will begin after Spring 2015 grades have been posted.
Applications will be accepted after that date but awards will be based on what funds are still available after priority applications have been considered.
How will I be notified?
If you receive a scholarship, you will receive a letter from the Financial Aid Office that will explain the terms of the scholarship. You will also be expected to write a letter of thanks to the donor of your scholarship.