The Lake Michigan College Medical Imaging Career Center (MICC) is poised to provide area students with the latest training in diagnostic imaging education while building on a tradition of academic excellence.
The MICC is addressing the growing local demand for workers who can operate increasingly advanced diagnostic equipment.
The medical imaging field is expanding. Ultrasound machines did not exist in hospitals in the early '70s, and medical imaging use of ultrasound was in its early stages of development. Now they are some of the fastest growing diagnostic tools being used, and LMC students can prepare for these exciting careers right here in our community.
Ultrasound Labs include:
- Siemens Acuson S2000 Ultrasound System
- Unetixs Multilab Vascular Ultrasound Machine designed to perform standard non-invasive arterial and venous studies
- Two Mindray Ultrasound machines
- 24" monitors in each ultrasound room for larger-screen display during labs
- Endovaginal ultrasound training mannequin
Read more about Diagnostic Medical Sonography and Program Entry for 2014.
For more Ultrasound Program Information please contact the Health Sciences Secretary at (269) 927-8768.
To schedule an appointment, please contact Student Services Academic Advisor at (269) 927-8128.
The Lake Michigan College Diagnostic Medical Sonography program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of Joint Review Committee for Diagnostic Medical Sonography.