The Fall 2020 schedule features a lot of flexibility and options. LMC is offering five class types, including online, hybrid, in-person and combinations, depending on the course type and your comfort level.
If you prefer to meet with us virtually or are medically unable to wear a mask, call 269-927-8128 to schedule an appointment.
Health Screen Checkpoints
Everyone coming to each campus will need to stop at the health screen checkpoint. You will need to answer a short questionnaire about your health in order to gain entry to campus. You can complete the questionnaire ahead of time and either keep the window up or take a screenshot to show the security staff.
Contractors and vendors are required to have an appointment prior to coming on campus, in addition to completing the health screen questionnaire.
No one will be allowed on campus who is experiencing COVID-19 related symptoms or has come into contact with someone with diagnosed or suspected COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
Your Responsibilities on Campus
- Keep each other safe.
- Masks must be worn to enter.
- Practice social distancing by staying 6 feet away or more from others.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth. Wash hands frequently.
- If you are sick or have symptoms, stay home.
- If you become sick on campus, go home immediately. Contact a staff member for instructions if you need to wait for a ride.
The safety of students, employees and visitors is the top priority of Lake Michigan College. We have been working to create new safety procedures across all aspects of the College.
- Markings on the floor will help designate where to wait at reception areas and remind us all how to space in hallways.
- Clear physical barriers have been set in place at high transaction areas.
- Stairs are identified as either “up” or “down” to eliminate cross traffic.
- Elevators, meeting rooms and classrooms have signage to show how many people are allowed in order to keep social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer is located in high-traffic areas and at shared equipment, such as copy machines.
- We are increasing outside air ventilation rates and circulation, where possible.
- Cleaning measures are increased with special attention to frequently touched surfaces, like door hardware, railings, and worksurfaces.
- The new spacious Learning Resource Center is set up to support socially distanced computer access, including the individual computers in new small study areas with sliding glass doors.
- All LMC employees were required to complete additional COVID-19 training on the LMC Preparedness & Response Plan.
- We have new procedures in place to manage situations that may arise, like someone becoming sick on campus.
Athletics and Housing
All seven intercollegiate athletic teams are also planning to resume beginning with the Fall season. Spectators will not be permitted at athletics events.
Plans are being finalized to reopen Beckwith Hall with reduced capacity.
The campus will be open beginning July 13 for in-person services for current and prospective students. Remote services will also continue to be available.
The Fitness Center is closed per the Governor’s executive order.
Hawk’s Nest Café will open for the Fall 2020 semester. Food trucks are available on campus during the summer.
COVID Relief Fund
LMC is contributing to community relief efforts by donating Personal Protective Equipment from our academic programs and by manufacturing PPE in our Fab Lab. If you would like to donate to our Covid Relief Fund, visit the Foundation's donation page.