Summer Bridge Program
8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Monday-Thursday, June 19-July 20 (no classes July 3-4)
on the Lake Michigan College, Benton Harbor Campus
What is Red Hawks Rise?
Red Hawks Rise Summer Bridge Program is designed for graduating high school seniors and all other incoming Lake Michigan College students to prepare for the demands of college life. This FREE immersive 18-day, non-residential program provides a college readiness course as well as assessments in math and English skills. Students can earn a free laptop with completion of the program!
What are the benefits of the program?
- Learn success strategies in an inclusive and supportive environment.
- Improve study skills, time management skills, goal setting and test-taking strategies.
- Courses that build confidence in math, reading, and writing skills.
- An in-depth assessment of placement in college-level math and English classes.
- Meet with financial aid staff, tutors, and advisors before classes begin.
- Learn about the many resources available to students, with access to labs and Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Receive guidance identifying strengths in possible career and vocational opportunities.
- Meet other new students and learn how to navigate life on campus.
- Receive free LMC gear, learning materials, and classroom supplies.
- Participate in free special events.
- Daily breakfast and other refreshments
- Transportation assistance.
- Free laptop, based on program completion.
How much does it cost?
Red Hawks Rise is completely FREE with no costs for tuition or textbooks.
How do I register?
Space is limited. Students will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis; registration deadline is June 7. Once registered, you will receive confirmation from a program coordinator with further instructions.
For more information, email Beth Lehner, College Life Skills Faculty and Red Hawks Rise Coordinator at email@example.com.