Red Hawks Rise Fall 2023 Support Program
What is Red Hawks Rise?
Red Hawks Rise Fall 2023 Support Program is designed to support incoming Lake Michigan College students taking co-requisite classes to prepare for the demands of college life. Students will be able to find assistance with mentoring, food and transportation insecurities, textbook and course supplies, technology needs, and engagement activities.
What are the benefits of the program?
- Learn success strategies in an inclusive and supportive environment.
- Improve study skills, time management skills, goal setting and test-taking strategies.
- Meet with success mentors, as needed.
- Learn about the many resources available to students.
- Receive guidance identifying strengths in possible career and vocational opportunities.
- Learn how to navigate campus.
- Meet other new students through free special events.
- Receive free learning materials and classroom supplies, based on need.
- Transportation and grocery assistance, based on need.
- Laptop loans,, based on need.
What is the time commitment?
You are not required to attend anything other than your co-requisite math and/or English classes. However, individual mentoring sessions, group workshops, and free special events are available to you per your needs and as your schedule allows.
How much does it cost?
Red Hawks Rise Fall 2023 Support Program is completely FREE.
How do I register?
The registration deadline is September 27. Once registered, you will receive confirmation from a program coordinator with further instructions.
For more information, email Beth Lehner, College Life Skills Faculty and Red Hawks Rise Coordinator at email@example.com.