Please call (269) 927-1000 before visiting campus to be sure your needs will be met. All services are also offered remotely.
- Build a strong academic portfolio that stands out from your competitors
- Choose from an exclusive selection of courses taught by the College’s most esteemed faculty
- Meet distinguished political, economic and cultural leaders
- Attend special seminars, workshops and an Honors Program lecture series
- Transition seamlessly to Lee Honors College at Western Michigan University
- Meet others who have similar goals
- Develop leadership skills
- Participate in public service and volunteer activities
- It’s fun!
High school seniors enrolled in Lake Michigan College’s Early College Program, high school or GED graduates, transfer students or current LMC students are eligible for the Honors program provided they have an:
- SAT score of 1220 or the equivalent Accuplacer/Multiple Measures score
- Cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale for new college students
- LMC or transfer GPA of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale for a minimum of 12 college-level credits
Recent Honors Activities
- Trip to Lansing for “March for Science”
- Tour and training at the Fab Lab
- Guest speaker from Governor’s State University
- Volunteering for hospice
- Movie night
- Honor’s luncheon
The Honors Colloquium is open only to Honors students. It is a once weekly meeting where students get together to discuss topics of interest, coordinate outings such as college transfer visits or volunteer activities and participate in talks and seminars related to student’s goals. All Honors students must participate in Honors Colloquium at least one semester per academic year or
as arranged with the Honors director.
Honors Section Course
Special honors sections of traditional LMC courses are offered each fall and spring semester and include courses across all programs of study.