- Build a strong academic portfolio that stands out from your competitors
- Choose from an exclusive selection of courses taught by the College’s most esteemed faculty
- Meet distinguished political, economic and cultural leaders
- Attend special seminars, workshops and an Honors Program lecture series
- Transition seamlessly to Lee Honors College at Western Michigan University
- Meet others who have similar goals
- Develop leadership skills
- Participate in public service and volunteer activities
- Have fun!
High school seniors enrolled in Lake Michigan College’s Early College Program, high school or GED graduates, transfer students or current LMC students are eligible for the Honors program provided they have an:
- Completed application
- Cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale for new college students
- LMC or transfer GPA of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale for a minimum of 12 college-level credits
- Volunteering at local charities and non-profits
- Guest speakers from various areas
- Planning and participation in college-wide and community events
- Transfer visits to honors colleges
- Honors-only opportunities for career and leadership development
The Honors Colloquium is open only to Honors students. It is a once-weekly meeting where students get together to discuss topics of interest, coordinate outings such as college transfer visits or volunteer activities and participate in talks and seminars related to student’s goals. All Honors students must participate in Honors Colloquium at least one semester per academic year or
as arranged with the Honors director.
Honors Section Course
Special honors sections of traditional LMC courses are offered each fall and spring semester and include courses across all programs of study.