Benton Harbor Campus
Main Building C201
South Haven Campus
Advising Office Hours
Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Academic and Faculty Advisors are available on all campuses to help you explore, plan and achieve your education and career goals.
LMC's career exploration tool, Awato, will help you match your interests with careers. Try it out:
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment with your advisor:
Niles Campus or South Haven Campuses: Please call the numbers listed for those campuses on this page.
Benton Harbor: Please contact your advisor directly. Benton Harbor advisors and majors they advise in listed below.
- Applied Science General
- Apprentices (mostly Hanson-type Majors)
- Best Ticket in Town (BUSA)
- Casino Management: Assoc/Cert
- Computer Science
- Energy: Bach/Assoc/Cert
- Engineering Tech
- General Tech
- General Studies
- Machine Tool: Assoc./Cert
- Manufacturing Production Cert
- Mechatronics: Assoc./Cert
- Skilled Trades: Assoc./Cert
- Welding: Assoc./Cert
- Undecided Science Transfer
- CNA non-credit (refer to Erin McGuire)
- Health Science AS
- Medical Assisting: Assoc/Cert
- Medical Assisting/Pharmacy Tech/Phlebotomy Apprentices (through Corewell)
- Pharmacy Tech: Assoc/Cert
- Phlebotomy Cert
- Pre-Rad tech
- Surgical Tech Apprentices (through Corewell)
- Business-AAS (and certs)
- Business Administration ABA
- Corrections, Probation, Parole
- Criminal Justice
- Law Enforcement
- Culinary Management
- Foreign Language
- Graphic Design: Assoc. and Cert
- Hospitality: Assoc. and Cert
- Liberal Arts
- Physical Education
- Physical Science
- Political Science
- Soc/Social Work
- Undecided Arts Transfer
- Wine (Enology/Viticulture)
- Applications Development
- Child Dev: Assoc. and Certs
- Computer Information Systems: Assoc/Cert
- Teacher Ed AAS and AA
- Niles Campus (Students with their local addresses & enrolled there)-- All Majors
- Dental Assisting AAS & Cert
- South Haven Campus (Students with their local addresses & enrolled there)-- All Majors
- Student Athletes-- All Majors
- TRIO/Student Support Services Students (roughly 200)-- All Majors
If you're just exploring your career and program options, our faculty and academic advisors are happy to provide guidance no matter what stage you're in. Completing the admissions application and placement process before meeting with us, however, is especially helpful if you'd like to register for classes during your initial meeting.
Transferring to LMC from another institution? Having your official transcripts on file and evaluated before your advising appointment will ensure the most productive conversation with your advisor about what requirements are completed, outstanding, and allow you to register for classes during your initial meeting.
If you're a new student and want to take six or more credit hours, it is essential to meet with an advisor. They'll help you plan your class schedule and get you on track to meet your goals.
Don't wait to make an appointment, but before you meet, you must complete your admissions application and placement process so your advisor can register you for your classes.
As a current Lake Michigan College student, you are encouraged to meet with an Academic Advisor or Faculty Advisor prior to each semester and anytime you have questions.
Advising Office Hours
Monday to Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.