Location: B-204, Benton Harbor Campus
Phone: (269) 927-8869 or (800) 252-1562
Ready for a change? It’s never too late to continue your education.
What is the Educational Opportunity Center?
The Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) is a federally funded grant program designed to assist adults age 19 or older who are interested in enrolling or re-enrolling in college, trade, or vocational school, or obtaining a GED. The EOC assists in the process of obtaining financial aid to meet tuition costs to attend any college or university.
The EOC team works with participants who:
- are 19 years or older,
- live in Berrien, Cass, Allegan or Van Buren counties in Michigan, or La Porte or St. Joseph counties in Indiana
- are either a US citizen or permanent resident
- are under 18 if not in a TRiO Talent Search region (contact the EOC for more information)
And meet one or more of the following:
- are first-generation college students whose parent(s) did not earn a four-year degree
- have a desire to continue their education
- have an economic need
- have a connection to the US military
Ready to get your GED or diploma?
Did you drop out of high school because of unforeseen circumstances or other priorities? The Educational Opportunity Center can help you:
- Enroll in an area GED/HiSET program in your community
- Pay for your GED/HiSET tests as necessary
- Receive 24/7 online GED prep
- Receive success resources such as career counseling, financial literacy help, and community referrals
- Identify your goals after you earn your diploma
- Prepare for financial success with financial literacy resources
Ready to earn a college degree?
Did you graduate high school or obtain your GED and go right to work? Did you start college but didn’t finish? Do you want to improve your skills for a better job, but don’t know where to start?
The Educational Opportunity Center can help you reconnect to your education and career goals by providing:
- College application assistance for the college of your choice
- Scholarship and financial aid assistance, including completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Free 24/7 online tutoring
- Assistance with the LMC Promise or Michigan Reconnect and Indiana programs
- Career coaching
- Help enrolling in college classes
Email us at email@example.com
- Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Michigan Student Aid
- State Student Assistance Commission of Indiana
- Michigan Colleges and Universities
- Michigan Community Colleges
- Michigan College Mall (MACRAO)
- Indiana Colleges and Universities
- Indiana Community Colleges
- Indiana Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (IACRAO)
*Links are provided for your convenience and are not endorsed by Lake Michigan College.