Campuses are closed to the public from Wednesday, Nov. 18 to Tuesday, Dec. 8. Most classes will be conducted remotely - students should check Canvas for information from their instructors. Student services are available remotely. The Library remains open.
Location: L-117, Benton Harbor Campus
Phone: (269) 927-8869
Ready for a change? It’s never too late to continue your education.
Did you start college but didn’t finish? Do you want to improve your skills for a better job, but don’t know where to start? Do you need help filling out the FAFSA? Do you need to obtain your GED or HSE? The knowledgeable and friendly professional staff of the Educational Opportunity Center at Lake Michigan can help you continue your educational path.
What is the Educational Opportunity Center?
The Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) is a federally funded grant program from the U.S. Department of Education and hosted at LMC since 1994. We provide information and assist adults age 19 or older who are interested in enrolling or re-enrolling in college, trade or vocational school, or obtaining a GED. The EOC assists in the process of obtaining the necessary financial aid to meet tuition costs to attend any college or university.
GED and College Preparation Services
- Developing an Individualized Educational Development Plan (EDP)
- Tutoring for the GED exam
- Tutoring for college admissions or placement tests
- Career information, assessment and advising
- Researching colleges and other postsecondary institutions
- Financial aid and scholarship assistance and navigating the application process
- Admissions assistance for college and postsecondary enrollment
- Referrals to other appropriate community service agencies
Who is eligible for EOC services?
To be eligible for EOC services, you must be (1) 19 years of age and (2) a resident of Berrien, Cass, Allegan, or Van Buren counties in Michigan, or a resident of La Porte or St. Joseph counties in Indiana and (3) a citizen, national, or permanent resident of the United States or in the United States for other than temporary purpose.
Apply for EOC services.
- Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Michigan Student Aid
- State Student Assistance Commission of Indiana
- Michigan Colleges and Universities
- Michigan Community Colleges
- Michigan College Mall (MACRAO)
- Indiana Colleges and Universities
- Indiana Community Colleges
- Indiana Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (IACRAO)
*Links are provided for your convenience and are not endorsed by Lake Michigan College.