Please call (269) 927-1000 before visiting campus to make sure your needs will be met. Spring classes begin Tuesday, Jan. 19 and most will be conducted remotely - students should check Canvas for information from their instructors. Student services are also available remotely. The Library opens Jan. 11.
School Code (FAFSA) 002277
If you haven't considered financial aid because you think you won't qualify, you should take another look. Each year, students leave millions of dollars on the table because they didn't apply for financial aid.
What Financial Aid is Not Based on:
- Your age; any student at any age is eligible to apply for financial aid
- Your grades; most federal student aid programs don't take grades into account
Who is Eligible?
To receive aid from any of the federal and state student aid programs at LMC, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Have financial need, except for some scholarship and loan programs. Financial need is determined by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Have a high school/adult high school diploma or GED Certificate
- Be accepted for enrollment in an eligible program at LMC
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Have a valid Social Security number
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress standards set by LMC (as mandated by federal law)
- Certify that he/she is not in default on a federal student loan and does not owe money on a federal student grant
- Register (or be registered) with the Selective Service, if required
- Meet federal eligibility requirements regarding drug-related convictions
Fax: (269) 927-8183
Lake Michigan College
Financial Aid Office
2755 E. Napier Avenue
Benton Harbor, MI 49022
How to Apply Steps