A Barnes and Noble College Bookstore is located at the Benton Harbor Campus to serve students' textbook and LMC gear needs. To order books, supplies, and educationally priced software, contact the bookstore through Barnes and Noble's LMC homepage.
In addition to class materials, the bookstore carries:
- college apparel and memorabilia
- school supplies
- snacks, fresh to-go and beverages
- reference books
- computer software
- and, more!
Rental Returns: Due Finals Week
Please use one of the options below to return your rental books. Please do not leave any books outside buildings, with high school counselors, or at the Library. These books will not have the information needed to check them in. Books are checked in with your rental information, and the books do not contain a barcode with your information on them.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the bookstore directly at 269-927-6713 or email@example.com. We are on reduced hours and will return any missed calls or emails as soon as possible.
LMC BENTON HARBOR Drop Off
The bookstore is currently open to the public with reduced hours. We are open the week of finals 10-2 Monday-Thursday and Friday we will have extended hours of 9-5. If you will be sending someone to return your books for you please make sure they have your first name, last name, phone number and email rented with so we can look up your account to check in.
Niles Area EMC/DUAL ENROLLED Students - Drop off at Niles Campus
Please print the Book Return Form, fill out and bring with your rental books. You can give your books to someone at the office and they will send them down the next business day. Please check their hours before arriving. Click here for contact information.
South Haven Area Students - Drop off at South Haven Campus
Please print the Book Return Form, fill out and bring with your rental books. You can give your books to someone at the front desk and they will send them down the next business day. Please check their hours before arriving. Click here for contact information.
UPS Ship Back
You can return books on the Bookstore website. You will be able to purchase a low-cost ship back label to ship via UPS. From there you will need to enter your order number and e-mail that was used for the rental to generate a UPS label preset to ship to the store. Then drop at a UPS drop-off location.
How to package
If you have more than one order you can ship them all back together. Be sure to include all order numbers on the Rental in the box with all order numbers so we can efficiently check them in. When shipping please make sure to use a sturdy box or padded envelope to ship back. Also, use packing material to fill any open space in the box so the books do not shift and become damaged in the shipping process. Newspaper is fine to use to fill. Please include in the box the Book Return Form. The bookstore is not responsible for lost, damaged books or your tracking information.
For questions, or if you need your order number or email for rental label, please use the contact information at the top to reach out to the bookstore for assistance.
SHIP THROUGH ALTERNATE VENDOR
If you decide to ship back through a different provider, please make sure to include in the box the Book Return Form. When shipping please make sure to use a sturdy box or padded envelope to ship back. Also, use packing material to fill any open space in the box so the books do not shift and become damaged in the shipping process. Newspaper is fine to use to fill. The bookstore is not responsible for lost, damaged books or your tracking information.
LMC Bookstore-Rental Return
2755 E. Napier Ave
Benton Harbor, MI 49022
Please keep your tracking information on hand as the bookstore is not responsible to track packages.
For questions, or if you need your order number or email for rental label, please send your full name to the bookstore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 Bookstore Updates
The bookstore will be practicing social distancing standards and requiring proper usage of a mask. A maximum of 12 customers will be allowed in the store at once. We are working on reduced staffing as well, please give extra time for us to process your order. We encourage you to order early to ensure your books get to you before the first day of classes. See updated step by step instructions below for the newest way to order your books through Wavelink.
All forms of financial aid are available with your student ID card in-store at check out, or by using your student ID number on our website at check out. Preorder online now.
Summer financial aid will be available May 8 until noon on June 8.
Fall financial aid will be available at a date to be determined.
The last day to return books is the same as the school's last day to drop classes for a full refund. (see below under "Return & refund policies" for more details.)
Rentals are due finals week.
Need extra help at home?
You've got free homework help! Your free month of 24/7 access to experts from Bartleby Learn and/or Bartleby Write is waiting. Try out a free month trial at the Barnes & Noble website, or add to your cart at check out.
Bartleby Write is available to help you scan for accidental plagiarism, format citations properly and check spelling and grammar.
Bartleby Learn is available to use a searchable database, textbook solutions and has experts able to answer questions.
Location & Hours
The LMC Bookstore is located on the first floor of the academic building on the Benton Harbor Campus, between the B and C Wings in room S-121. Please contact the Benton Harbor campus bookstore for details and hours of operation.
Don't want to wait? Reserve your books now to get best selection on our used books. You can reserve with financial aid through WaveLink/Student Profile - click on the textbook list. If you are using Financial Aid, enter your Student ID under Financial Aid payment option.
Visit the Barnes and Noble website for the most current store hours. Hours and contact information are listed at the bottom right of the page.
How to get your text books
- Visit or call the Benton Harbor Campus bookstore (South Haven and Niles students contact the Benton Harbor bookstore)
- Order online
In addition to new and used textbooks, the bookstore carries rental and digital books, which are limited based on the publication of the book. Rentals can be paid for using all valid forms of payments, although a valid credit card must be used to secure the rental (or debit card backed by a major credit card). Rentals can be used through the end of the semester, but must be returned by the due date in re-sellable USED condition (highlighting and nominal note-taking is permitted.)
Skip the wait and order your books through Student Profile in 10 simple steps:
- Log in to your profile - you can always find Student Profile/Wavelink from the myLMC link on the LMC homepage. Click on the “Student Schedule” link on the left side of the Student Profile page (you may need to scroll down to see it). On a mobile phone, the link can be found by selecting "Additional Links."
- A new browser tab will open, with the schedule information for the term identified in Student Profile. The term can be changed by clicking the down arrow next to the term name and choosing a different term to view a schedule. Select any course title listed, which will open a pop up box with course details. Choose Bookstore Links and then Barnes and Noble.
- The next screen will load those books customized to your schedule.
- Select the format for each title you would like to order from the drop down menu on the right hand side and add to cart. Pay attention to any course notes or book notes listed. The cheapest option is typically used rental, where available. See Textbook Classification Key below for more details.
- When you are ready to checkout, click view cart. Don’t forget to visit the bookstore home page, where you can also order necessary supplies, calculators, backpacks and LMC clothing/gear, all of which are covered by student financial aid after you purchase your required textbooks. The LMC clothing/gear limit is $150.
- You will have the option to either login, create an account, or checkout as guest. NOTE: if you have a rental textbook in your order, you will be required to create a rental account. You will also be required to agree to the rental terms, as well as enter a valid credit/debit card to secure your rental, even if you are paying with student financial aid. This will only be charged if you do not bring your books back by the due date. Please use a personal email instead of the LMC email. This is where rental due date reminders are sent as well as free ship back information to return when you are done with your rental at the end of the term.
- Once you have followed all the prompts and entered your information. You can have them shipped via UPS ground for a nominal, flat-rate fee. Free ground shipping on orders over $75. Expedited shipping is available as well. This option does not change the time it takes to process your order it only effects the time for your order to ship to you. Please note that shipping leaves the college after 10 a.m. during bookstore hours.
- You can pay for your order using either a debit/credit card, PayPal, student financial aid, or a Barnes and Noble giftcard. Be sure to enter your student ID correctly for financial aid purchases – this is the number that prints on all student schedules. Note: if you want to pay using cash, check, or high school voucher, you must visit the bookstore in person. Students in the EMC program will follow textbook pick up guidance from their counselor.
- You will receive an email confirmation once your order is placed. This will include a summary of your order. NOTE: this is just a price quote and is subject to change based on availability (new vs. used) and publisher price changes.
- We will process your order on a first come first served basis. Please note that due to COVID-19 the bookstore is working with reduced staffing. You will receive a final email confirmation once your order has been processed. NOTE: Financial Aid orders are processed once bookstore credit is available. You will receive a final email confirmation once your order has been processed.
Textbook Classification Key
Required: The instructor has informed the bookstore that this material is a mandatory.
Package Component: Typically this is a looseleaf version of a textbook OR an access code. Most access codes have digital textbook available with them, meaning you can forego getting a printed copy of the text.
Recommend: The instructor has suggested but not required the material for the course.
Bookstore Recommend: Helpful bookstore selected study aids not required for the course.
Go To Class First: This is a “special case” course material, it is advised you wait for the first day of class to receive information about this material from your instructor.
Return & refund policies
A full refund will be given in your original form of payment if textbooks are returned through the first week of class with a receipt. After the first week, you may receive a full refund with a drop slip and your receipt up to the last day to drop classes for a full refund.
Receipts are your responsibility; we do not keep copies and there are no refunds without a receipt. Also, textbooks must be in the original condition with all included materials. All merchandise, other than textbooks, may be refunded for up to 30 days from the date of purchase, with original receipt as long as that item is in its original condition. Refunds will be given in the original form of payment.
Exceptions: All software, CD’s, supplies and coursepacks may only be returned if those items are unopened and meet the requirements mentioned above. No refunds will be given on gift cards, prepaid cards, phone cards, magazines, opened merchandise and/or used merchandise.
Buyback: Textbook buybacks are available to current LMC students only, during exam weeks. Students are required to produce an LMC ID and may be asked to provide proof of schedule.