Our Benton Harbor Campus is open 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Our Niles and South Haven campuses close at 4 p.m. on Friday; check additional hours for some student services on the myLMC page. Before you come to campus, please call (269) 927-1000 to make sure your needs will be met.
A Barnes and Noble College Bookstore is located at the Benton Harbor Campus to serve students' textbook and LMC gear needs. To order books, supplies, and educationally priced software, contact the bookstore through Barnes and Noble's LMC homepage.
In addition to class materials, the bookstore carries:
- college apparel and memorabilia
- school supplies
- snacks, fresh to-go and beverages
- reference books
- computer software
- and, more!
Fall 2020 Bookstore Updates
The bookstore will be practicing social distancing standards and requiring proper usage of a mask. A maximum of 12 customers will be allowed in the store at once. Thank you for your patience as we are working on reduced staffing as well. We encourage you to order early to ensure your books get to you before the first day of classes. See updated step by step instructions below for the newest way to order your books through Wavelink.
All forms of financial aid available August 5-September 16
Last day to return books for full refund is September 14 (must have receipt)
Location & Hours
The LMC Bookstore is located on the first floor of the academic building on the Benton Harbor Campus, between the B and C Wings in room S-121. Please contact the Benton Harbor campus bookstore for details and hours of operation.
Don't want to wait? Reserve your books now to get best selection on our used books. You can reserve with financial aid through WaveLink - click on the textbook list. If you are using Financial Aid, enter your Student ID under Financial Aid payment option.
How to get your text books
- Visit or call the Benton Harbor Campus bookstore (South Haven and Niles students contact the Benton Harbor bookstore)
- Order online
In addition to new and used textbooks, the bookstore carries rental and digital books, which are limited based on the publication of the book. Rentals can be paid for using all valid forms of payments, although a valid credit card must be used to secure the rental (or debit card backed by a major credit card). Rentals can be used through the end of the semester, but must be returned by the due date in re-sellable USED condition (highlighting and nominal note-taking is permitted.)
Skip the wait and order your books through Wavelink in 10 simple steps:
- Log in to Wavelink - you can always find Wavelink from the myLMC link on the LMC homepage. Click on “View/Print My Schedule” option under the “My Courses” section. This will prompt you to log in again.
- Choose the term, and select any course title listed. This will bring a pop up box. Choose Bookstore and then Barnes and Noble.
- The next screen will load those books customized to your schedule.
- Select the format for each title you would like to order from the drop down menu on the right hand side and add to cart. Pay attention to any course notes or book notes listed. The cheapest option is typically used rental, where available. See Textbook Classification Key below for more details.
- When you are ready to checkout, click view cart. Don’t forget to visit the bookstore home page, where you can also order necessary supplies, calculators, backpacks and LMC clothing/gear, all of which are covered by student financial aid after you purchase your required textbooks. The LMC clothing/gear limit is $150.
- You will have the option to either login, create an account, or checkout as guest. NOTE: if you have a rental textbook in your order, you will be required to create a rental account. You will also be required to agree to the rental terms, as well as enter a valid credit/debit card to secure your rental, even if you are paying with student financial aid. This will only be charged if you do not bring your books back by the due date. Please use a personal email instead of the LMC email. This is where rental due date reminders are sent as well as free ship back information to return when you are done with your rental at the end of the term.
- Once you have followed all the prompts and entered your information. You can have them shipped via UPS ground for a nominal, flat-rate fee. Free ground shipping on orders over $25. Expedited shipping is available as well. This option does not change the time it takes to process your order it only effects the time for your order to ship to you. Please note that shipping leaves the college after 10 a.m. during bookstore hours.
- You can pay for your order using either a debit/credit card, paypal, student financial aid, or a Barnes and Noble Giftcard. Be sure to enter your student ID correctly for financial aid purchases – this is the number that prints on all student schedules. Note: if you want to pay using cash, check, or high school voucher, you must visit the bookstore in person. Students in the EMC program will follow textbook pick up guidance from their counselor.
- You will receive an email confirmation once your order is placed. This will include a summary of your order. NOTE: this is just a price quote and is subject to change based on availability (new vs. used) and publisher price changes.
- Orders are processed within 1 business day, with some exceptions. NOTE: Financial Aid orders are processed once bookstore credit is available. You will receive a final email confirmation once your order has been processed.
Rental books are due back at end of semester, exam week. If for whatever reason you are unable to return your book during posted hours, you can ship it back free of charge by following the instructions in the Rental Returns section of the Barnes and Noble website. You will need the ORDER ID from your invoice and email.
Textbook Classification Key
Required: The instructor has informed the bookstore that this material is a mandatory.
Package Component: Typically this is a looseleaf version of a textbook OR an access code. Most access codes have digital textbook available with them, meaning you can forego getting a printed copy of the text.
Recommend: The instructor has suggested but not required the material for the course.
Bookstore Recommend: Helpful bookstore selected study aids not required for the course.
Go To Class First: This is a “special case” course material, it is advised you wait for the first day of class to receive information about this material from your instructor.
Return & refund policies
A full refund will be given in your original form of payment if textbooks are returned through the first week of class with a receipt. After the first week, you may receive a full refund with a drop slip and your receipt up to the last day to drop classes for a full refund.
Receipts are your responsibility; we do not keep copies and there are no refunds without a receipt. Also, textbooks must be in the original condition with all included materials. All merchandise, other than textbooks, may be refunded for up to 30 days from the date of purchase, with original receipt as long as that item is in its original condition. Refunds will be given in the original form of payment.
Exceptions: All software, CD’s, supplies and coursepacks may only be returned if those items are unopened and meet the requirements mentioned above. No refunds will be given on gift cards, prepaid cards, phone cards, magazines, opened merchandise and/or used merchandise.
Buyback: Textbook buybacks are available to current LMC students only, during exam weeks. Students are required to produce an LMC ID and may be asked to provide proof of schedule.