Ready to become a Red Hawk?
Orientation is the next step!
What is orientation?
Orientation is a self-paced online session that helps new Lake Michigan College students learn how to navigate LMC's systems and organization to be successful in class and out. Students are expected to go through the online orientation session before enrolling for classes at LMC. Students are not expected to attend the in-person orientation but are encouraged to attend one in-person session if they want assistance with the enrollment process, meet other new students, and visit their local campus. The information in the online portion of orientation will not be the same information presented at in-person orientation. Students should go through the online portion before attending in-person orientation.
In-person orientation dates have been set for the 2022-23 academic year. See the list below or view more info on the LMC calendar. Students are encouraged to sign up for the session that relates to the program they wish to study. There are three program-specific days at the Benton Harbor campus, and three generic orientation days at the Niles, South Haven, and Benton Harbor campuses. All orientation sessions will occur during the workweek, start at 9 a.m. and include lunch. There is one Benton Harbor session that will be held on a Saturday. LMC's orientation days include:
- Registering for your classes
- Learning how to be successful in your program
- Getting to know your fellow Red Hawks
- Meeting with key faculty and staff
- Getting your questions answered so you're ready for the upcoming semester!
If you plan to attend orientation, please arrive to your chosen orientation day at least 30 minutes prior to the start time for check-in. Check out LMC's campus maps and locations info so you know where to go for your orientation session. Parents/guardians are welcome to tag along with their student, as we have a special orientation session for you!
- June 21, Orientation - Program Day at Benton Harbor, Business & Information Technology, Manufacturing & Industrial Technology, and Culinary & Hospitality Management programs.
- July 14, Orientation - Program Day at Benton Harbor, Arts & Humanities, General Studies, and Transfer programs.
- July 20, Orientation - South Haven
- July 26, Orientation - Program Day at Benton Harbor, Health Sciences, Social Sciences, Science, Engineering & Mathematics programs.
- July 27, Orientation - Niles
- July 30, Orientation - Benton Harbor
Still need to complete the steps to become an LMC student? Log into your application portal to see what you have left on your checklist!