Please call (269) 927-1000 before visiting campus to be sure your needs will be met. All services are also offered remotely.
Pass along your expertise to a group of passionate students: consider teaching at Lake Michigan College. Your community needs your help building a well-educated workforce!
What it’s like to teach at LMC
Instructors work with students in the classroom, evaluating, teaching, and leading them through the curriculum. You will educate, direct, and inspire them as they pursue their goals and dreams. The content of the curriculum will be provided to you, but you and your colleagues can enhance it with real life experiences that will enrich the education of the students.
- A time commitment as low as 3 to 4 hours per week
- Teach at campuses in Benton Harbor, Niles, South Haven, or Allegan
- Materials, syllabi, and training provided
- Opportunities to network with other educators
- Collaborate with other instructors, staff, and students
- A wide range of schedules available, including online and hybrid courses
- Opportunities to serve on academic committees
Who you will teach
Lake Michigan College students have the dedication to pursue further education against obstacles large and small. They are from across the district – Berrien, Cass, Allegan, and Van Buren counties – from across age groups, from all walks of life, and with varying educational backgrounds.
Search job postings for full-time and part-time faculty positions. To be considered for our future Part-Time Faculty Positions, please click here to submit your CV, cover letter and teaching philosophy to a discipline-specific candidate pool.