LMC's Career Services provides assistance to job seekers as well as local employers. Students and alumni should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Local employers can email email@example.com for information on upcoming job fairs and for information on posting jobs on College Central.
The Earn & Learn Internship Program is funded by a $500,000 gift from the Whirlpool Foundation. The program is administered by Career Services and is designed to encourage LMC students to participate in local opportunities, and local businesses to support student internships. This program accepts applications in the spring for summer employment to qualified students.
The deadline for the Summer 2023 Program is April 17.
Internship Opportunities will be posted on College Central and in the Career Services Office. We highly suggest applying early. You only need to apply once to be considered for any of the posted internships. Career Services will facilitate matching students to employers, but the employer will make the final offer.
To be considered for the Whirlpool Earn & Learn Internship Program, you must complete all of the following:
- Have completed one academic year or earned at least 24 credit hours and earned a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5 or, if a transfer student, completed one semester at Lake Michigan College.
- Be enrolled no later than April 17, 2023, for the following fall semester at Lake Michigan College, or complete a co-op requirement for graduation. In co-op cases, you must make arrangements with the appropriate faculty member and the Dean, Career & Workforce Education.
- Approved resume and cover letter uploaded with the application.
- One letter of recommendation from a Lake Michigan College faculty or staff member uploaded with the application.
- Demonstrate financial need for the following academic year by April 17, 2023.
- Attended one Career Services Workshop or met with the Career Development Coordinator individually.
- Complete and submit your application no later than April 17, 2023.
How Are Students Selected?
- Students must submit their resume and cover letter to Career Services and must have attended one of Career Service's Workshops or met with Career Services individually.
- Career Services and Financial Aid will confirm student eligibility.
- Career Services will notify businesses of acceptance into the program, student candidate availability and the amount of funds available for student salaries.
- Students from the City of Benton Harbor will be given first preference.
- The pool may be expanded when/if the original student candidates are not selected by any business.
- The College provides businesses with Earn & Learn candidates’ resumes.
- The businesses arrange interviews with candidates of interest.
- The business extends offers of employment to student(s).
- Students may accept more than one interview, but may only accept one position, and may accept the offer of their choosing.
Summer 2023 Internship Positions Coming Soon
Employers interested in participating in the Earn and Learn program can find out more and apply here.
If you have questions or need more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (269) 927-6596.