Out-of-class testing includes course testing outside of scheduled class periods and may also include online course testing if instructors require proctored testing in the Testing Center or at another approved location.
We require that students coming in to take out-of-class tests reserve a seat by scheduling an appointment by clicking BOOK NOW
NOTE: Lake Michigan College administers exams for other colleges by appointment only; there is a $25 fee per test. Please call (269) 927-6173 or email email@example.com for more information.
Out-of-class tests are course exams students take outside of regular class meetings.
- If you are taking out-of-class tests, you are required to reserve a seat by clicking on the icon below and scheduling an appointment.
- You must register the first time you schedule online, creating an easy-to-remember login and password.
- Login, select the day you wish to test, select your appointment time, then finalize your appointment.
- If your class is not listed, choose “Out-of-Class Test;” in the notes section, record the instructor and test for which you are scheduling.
- Health Science applicant tests are considered out-of-class tests. Applicants should check their application packets for information on tests required, how to register/pay for required tests, where to find review materials, and locations for testing. Applicants can also call the Testing Center at (269) 927-6173 for information. Seat reservations are required at all campus locations.
Nursing Program Candidates
Students applying to the nursing program for 2017 and beyond will need to take the HESI A2 test for admission into the program. The HESI A2 test is considered an out-of-class test, and is administered at the Benton Harbor/Napier Avenue Testing Center, as well as at the South Haven and Niles/Bertrand Crossing campuses. Read the registration instructions to get started, and for links to study resources.
Other Health Sciences Program Candidates
For information on the Math or Algebra Proficiency tests or the Nelson Denny, should they be required, please call the Testing Center.
- Students must present a photo ID to test; acceptable forms include passports, drivers’ licenses, or student ID cards.
- Electronic devices, other than approved calculators, are prohibited; they must be turned all the way off and put away during exams.
- Students are responsible for beginning exams with enough time to complete them prior to closing times.
Out-of-Class Testing Schedule
Benton Harbor Campus
Testing will be in Todd Center 2101.
- Monday 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 1:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday 1:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Testing will be in room BC111.
- Monday: 2:30 - 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 4:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Friday: 10:30 am. - 1:30 p.m.
South Haven Campus
Testing will be in Room SH123.
- Wednesday: 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 2:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Friday: 9:00 a.m - 1:00 p.m.
Students are responsible for knowing their instructor’s name, the name of their class, and the name of the test they wish to take. Students’ cell phones must be off and put away while testing. If a cell phone is on or accessed while the student is testing, the test will be terminated, the student will be asked to leave, and the student’s instructor will be notified. Students must bring a picture ID in order to test; no exceptions will be made. Any picture ID is acceptable, including a driver’s license. Students must notify instructors at least 48 hours in advance if they wish to test at a campus other than their “home” campus.