Prerequisites and Admission Criteria
All listed prerequisites must be completed by the posted application deadlines in order to be eligible for admission. Admission is competitive and not guaranteed to any student at any time.
The program admission process is nondiscriminatory in regard age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetics, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal state, or local laws as written in the LMC Non-Discrimination Policy
Learn about the program
- Review the Rad Tech Handbook (pdf download)
- Complete an LMC application for admission
- Contact an academic advisor to discuss Rad Tech Program requirements
- Have high school diploma or GED
- Have high school transcripts sent to LMC Admissions Office at email@example.com OR have official college transcripts sent to LMC Records Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have SAT/ACT scores sent to LMC and/or take Accuplacer Assessment to meet basic college requirements in reading, English, and math
Prerequisite Classes and GPA
Prerequisite classes for the Rad Tech program fall into two categories: pre-application and pre-program. All prerequisites must be completed with a "C" or higher.
All applicants must have an overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.50 or higher at the time of application. If you complete any of the required prerequisite classes at LMC, we will use your established GPA from LMC by default.
For credit and contact hours of all Radiologic Technology program prerequisite and program major (RADT) classes, view the Degree Requirements tab of this webpage.
Mandatory Pre-Application Advising
All applicants are required to meet with the Radiologic Technology Program Director for a pre-application advising appointment during the Fall or Spring semester before the posted application deadline. Group advising sessions and Zoom appointments may be available. Contact the LMC Health Sciences Office to schedule the appointment. This is mandatory for all applicants, even those who have applied before