You will need to Apply to Lake Michigan College, before filling out the Beckwith Hall Housing Application.
Beckwith Hall is the student residence hall located on the Napier Avenue Campus. Beckwith Hall features 188 beds, including 41 quad suites and 12 double suites, and it is approximately 63,215 square feet. Amenities include common areas, a fitness room, in-suite washer and dryer, full kitchens, Wi-Fi, and 42” flat panel televisions. Security is provided through 24/7 access control with patrols by campus and community security personnel.
Each resident will be provided with a housing handbook detailing policies related to on-campus living.
The American Council on Education reported studies show students who reside on campus:
- Report a higher satisfaction with their college experience.
- Are more likely to succeed in college and complete their degree.
- Are more likely to achieve and maintain a higher grade point average (GPA).
- Have a positive self image, with enhanced self-confidence, public speaking ability and self-reliance.
- Participate in more extracurricular activities (a factor especially important to recruiters in the job search process).
Other national studies show students who live on campus:
- Develop relationships with a diverse population of people.
- Are exposed to a wider range of ideas and cultures.
- Develop stronger interpersonal and communication skills.
- Are involved in campus leadership, organizations and activities.
- Have more contact with faculty and staff members.
As an added incentive for students to take advantage of living on campus, students who choose to reside in Lake Michigan College’s Beckwith Hall will automatically qualify for in-district tuition.