Skip to main content
Student with student ID badge

Student Consumer Information

Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
In accordance with the regulations set forth in the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, below is a summary of the consumer information that must be given to prospective and current students at Lake Michigan College. 

Contact Information for Assistance in Obtaining Institutional or Financial Aid Information
Please review the website listed under each topic for the most complete information and call any office listed for further details. 

You may also contact the Financial Aid Office for assistance if you are unable to locate the information you seek. The Office of Student Life will provide paper copies of materials upon request. 


    The latest Lake Michigan College enrollment statistics can be found here.

    General Institutional Information

    Facilities and Services for Students with Disabilities

    Student Complaints

    • Academic Complaint Policy - Academic complaints may include, but are not limited to, issues regarding evaluations of academic work (e.g., examinations, quizzes, papers, final course grades, etc.), and/or failure of a faculty member to follow College policies and/or procedures as they relate to instruction or academic matters.

    • General Complaint Policy - This policy and procedure pertains to non-civil rights* related complaints that involve issues that are general in nature and are not related to instruction or academic matters, such as complaints about non-teaching college staff, the parking lot, snow removal, bathroom maintenance, facility issues, etc.

    • Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) - The Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) promotes business growth and job creation through streamlined, simple, fair, and efficient regulation, and at the same time protect the health and safety of Michigan’s citizens.  Students or prospective students wishing to file a complaint with this agency may visit their Web site at for additional information.

    • Ombudsman for Students - The U.S. Department of Education provides an Office of the Ombudsman to help resolve loan disputes and problems. The following options are available for contacting the office: call toll free at (877) 557-2575, visit the Web site at, or write to: Office of the Ombudsman, Student Financial Assistance, U.S. Department of Education, Room 3012, ROB #3, 7th and D Streets, SW, Washington DC 20202-5144

    Student Diversity

    Refund Policy and Requirements for Withdrawal and Return of Federal Financial Aid


    Transfer of Credit

    Student Financial Assistance

    Health and Safety

    Intercollegiate Athletic Program Information

    Voter Registration

    Back to Top Apply Now