E-Mail - Employees
Office of Origin: Information Technologies
Date Adopted: 04-24-01
Date Reviewed: 01-15-12, 07-18-18
Last Date Modified & Approved: 08-28-18
All employees will receive and must use a Lake Michigan College (the College) email account. All College email communications should be conducted solely using College email and not personal email accounts. College email is to be used for College business, and should not generally be used for personal matters.
Users should exercise extreme caution in using email to communicate confidential or sensitive matters, and should not expect that email is restricted or confidential. Confidential or sensitive information must not be shared outside of the College via email, without authorization, at any time.
All email correspondence conducted using College resources is part of the College email system and property of the College. In instances of alleged violation of College policies or procedures e-mail messages may be retrieved and reviewed by College administration.
The following uses of College email are prohibited and are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination:
- to transmit personal identifying information such as social security numbers, credit card data or other sensitive data,
- to transmit or make accessible actively aggressive, attacking, pornographic or harassing content
- to transmit or make accessible any content that discriminates against any protected classification as defined in the College’s Non-Discrimination policy,
- for private business, product advertisement or political lobbying,
- to alter, dismantle, or disfigure messages to hide or disguise originator of the message,
- for copyright infringement, and
- for sending unsolicited messages (SPAM) or mass emails.
Responsibility: Chief Information Officer
References: Acceptable Use for Technology Resources policy; E-Mail – Students policy; Non-Discrimination policy